October 31, 2011

My first tissue paper poms

So I have been wanting to try these for a while seeing as it was one of the only things left I wanted to do to the baby's room, but just got around to it because I kept forgetting to buy tissue paper. Anyway, I had one failure and two successes. Here goes...(and my pictures turned out horrible)

Add scissors to this and that's pretty much all you need

First one I did was two different colors so I alternated them

Then accordion style fold them as a group, about 1 inch folds. my paper was rectangular in shape so I went short side to short side...if that makes sense to you


You end up with something that looks like this. I forgot to take a picture but fold it in half to find your middle and then staple...I used three staples lol


Cut your sharp corners off of both ends...I don't reccommend doing it like this just because I didn't like it in the end and you'll see here in a minute what I mean.


Then you simply start pulling the tissue paper piece by piece out and up towards your stapled center. For one sided (half circle) pom ( it wouldn't really be a pom then?!) just pull to one side, for a full pom pull half the sheets towards on one side and flip over and pull the rest.


This is what I ended up with the first time I tried it, and didn't like it. The cut was something I didn't like either, not dramatic enough. When I really started thinking about it, it reminded me of the tissue flowers on sticks that you use to get from the fair...just stick a dow rod down it and you got a huge paper flower...my mind is running with ideas.

Anyway my little poms turned out much more how I thought they should, note to self use more then 6 sheets of tissue paper on a very large pom or you end up with what there is above. 

I did the same process with my little poms except where I stapled the first time I cut it in half and 6 sheets worked out perfectly.


I used cuter paper with those too... Not sure what I'm gonna do yet. I really like the flower idea but I really love the poms, gotta figure out how to use both in her room.

Happy Crafting.
-Tori










No comments:

Post a Comment