October 15, 2011

Daddy's birthday present

A little bit ago I told y'all it was my birthday, well my husband and I share a birthday, weird right? So for his birthday present me and my B made him a present.


I found this idea off the blog apartment therapy. Which of course I can't find the link to link it to right now.
Anyway I bought 7 packs of crayola 8 count crayons to do this with. I added them to my canvas. Thinking ahead I thought that the hair dryer might re-heat hot glue and my crayons would start moving...I don't know if this is true, I just didn't want it to happen. I used fabri-tac...and I used too much, you probably need 1/4 less than what you see on there. ( if you can see it)


So I added all my crayons in the roy g biv kinda way and made sure all the crayola labels were facing out. Then I melted them with a hair dryer.


We did this in the garage because the crayons do this splashing thing. Very hard to hold a baby and accomplish this but we had to make it together!

Final product, the yellow got kinda lost...maybe do it last? 


you can melt to your hearts content, just keep reheating sections of the canvas if it gets all goopy in one area.

Then it was time to add the special touch.

The paint!

My little helper.

The next part couldn't be taken a picture of because we were kinda messy and my husband wasn't allowed in the house.


Completely finished product. The letters look funny on here and if I had it to do all over again, I definitely would have picked a different color paint...maybe yellow. And it is very hard to wrangle a six month old to make hand prints and feet prints when you yourself have paint all over you. OOh and use a non toxic paint...AND don't leave this in your car. haha

Happy Crafting!
-Tori






No comments:

Post a Comment