November 17, 2011

A tray re-vamp

I don't know what you would exacly call it but I saw somewhere a neat looking tray that someone had re-done and then didn't think about it again until I won a tray in a lot of stuff at an auction. So only paying $4 total including spray paint this is pretty cool to me....and I really loved how it turned out.


I really like all things vintage an am really loving silhouttes right now.

So materials:
The tray had some log cabin on it, mod podge (first time using it and i'm in love), spray paint in blue ocean, matchy scrapbook paper

Spray paint tray, I gave mine three coats and let it dry overnight

laid scrapbook paper in tray upside down and drew a line on the back where I needed to cut, i'm sure there are a million different ways to do this but this worked for me.

Did my best to match up another sheet to complete lining the bottom, it was pretty close.


Then I put a layer of mod podge down. I about freaked out when my paper started to bubble and thought all was lost but when it completely dried it was all flat again. You can't see it but my bubbles are on this picture. FYI cause I didn't know but you can use the mod podge to glue down your paper as well...it does say glue on the bottle (appearantyly I couldn't read that day)  In all I put down about 5 layers of mod podge.

I was going to sand down some of the sides and corners to rustic it up but I started and then didn't like it so I quit. I like it just the way it turned out.


Love the blue!

Happy Crafting!
-Tori








3 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love the color and pattern you used, too! Thanks for linking up to latest and greatest friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!!! I agree the colors are just amazing! Thanx for sharing and coming to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable choice for the patterned paper! Looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete